Friday, February 23, 2007

Aawaaj : The Journey!

The love for writing, especially poems has something to do with hereditary in my case.Papa contributes to Dalit literature and baba,being a freedom fighter and associated with 'Arya Samaj' writes verses on 'desh prem' and society in general.

My saga for writing began at age of about 11 years when papa gave me a task of writing an essay on 'adhyayan'.He was more than happy to see a 10 page work by me.His compliments and motivation drove me thereafter.

After reading Papa's book: 'Kaaton ke bich',I realised that poems need not be beautified with alankar.All it needs is to have some content which can make long lasting impression.A poem should be capable of making a change,motivating junta,becoming a voice inspite of getting little applause for tukbandi and then getting lost in the mist of time.

To register my presence in the world of poetry, I sent my poems to Kshitij(a hindi quarterly published from US) ,Anubhuti-Hindi and started my own blog of Hindi poems : Aawaaj.
With Papa's help, my first book : 'Kshitij se aage' got published in August 2005.It was sweet surprise to get comments from Surendra Snigdh uncle and Ranjit uncle who are well known figures of Hindi literature of today.

Aawaaj is very much concerned with the plight of common man specially of those who suffers from social seclusion.Aawaaj is concerned with psychology of human being and is the mirror of the underground revolution which is going to change the social scenario of our nation.

1 Comments:

At 12:36 AM, Blogger Arya Samaj Mandir said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home